Having a clear vision helps guide your company into the future.
- Every business needs to have a vision
- Where do you want to take the business
- What does your business stand for
- What will it look like in the future
- Does your company’s vision fit with your vision
- What is important to you – your values and vision
- Does this fit with your company
- You want to avoid conflicting vision and goals
- How do you measure up
- You have a vision – now what?
- How does your company measure up to your future vision
- What are the key areas you need to improve
- We have to build the operations of the business before we can reach our goals
To make proper changes we must know what we want to accomplish.
Q: I have been listening to all the content and want to implement the change in my business. Where should I start?
A: First, you need to have a good understanding of what you want to create.
- We have to have a target
- What do you want to do?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years? 10 years?
- What is important to you?
- Understanding what you really want
- Get out a sheet of paper and start writing notes
- What do you want from your business or career
- What do you want to become
- The best contractor in your town? The fastest contractor?
- What markets excite you?
- Write these things down and include the reason why
- Create your vision – 5-year and 10-year
- Write a narrative of what your company or career would look like
- Think of what your website would look like
- Who are your customers, employees
- What projects have you done, how large is your business
- What is your claim to fame
- Once you understand where you want to get, where to start becomes a lot clearer