The best sales force is completely free, just engage them.
- Sales and marketing is a huge part of our business
- We spend money on advertising and lead development
- We spend time seeking out opportunities
- Are you taking advantage of the best sales force available?
- Word of mouth is the best form of advertising there is
- It creates instant credibility
- It builds relationships with none exist
- Referrals put you in the driver’s seat
- Build up your word of mouth
- Over promise and over deliver
- Make customer satisfaction a priority
- Create raving fans of your work
Landing the wrong project can destroy a good business.
- Not all work is equal
- Different project types, sizes, locations, etc.
- Different Owners, clients, managers, financing, etc.
- Different requirements placed on the contractors
- Determine what is best for you
- Start with your vision – what types of projects support it
- How do you want your business to run
- What are the skill sets you have now and in the future
- Use the Go / No-Go process
- Create your ideal project and create a score
- Score each potential project should be scored and compared to the ideal
- Use this scoring to determine which projects / clients you should chase
- Don’t be afraid to walk away