Create a consistent file management plan to save hours and frustration.
- It’s a small item that can create a big headache
- PM has everything filed but something happens
- Where is the information you need? Can you find it?
- Items can get lost
- Create a unified system of filing
- Create a file tree legend for all projects to follow
- Cover everything from estimating to closeout
- You can find a sample in the resource section here
- File sharing and access is important too
- Figure out the best solution for your organization
- Keep all files in a common system that’s easy to access
- Consider a cloud-based system like Dropbox
- Pay attention to access controls
If someone asked you for a specific document would you be able to find it?
“Are your employees wasting time searching for files and information?”
Get organized and centralized to save time and effort.