Reaching potential clients takes trial and error until you get it right.
Q: What is the best way to reach my potential customers?
A: Know who your customer is, define the targets of your message, and try different media approaches.
- Know who the customer is
- Not everyone in your area is a potential customer
- Who buys from you?
- Income level, location, home type, project type, etc.
- Identify how to target them
- What neighborhoods or communities
- What social / community interactions do your clients have – where do they shop
- What type of media to they pay attention to (hard to reach seniors on Snapchat)
- Try different approaches to see what works
- Social media like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Etc.
- Print ads in magazines, flyers, direct mail, etc.
- Community opportunities
- Participate in charitable events
- Donate time to a park clean up / donate a swing set / etc.
- Sponsor children sport teams or dance events