Build customer trust by knowing your contract documents.
- On every project, someone needs to know the documents
- The contract drawings and specifications
- All RFIs, CCDs, Changes, Etc.
- In order to perform to our standards, we must know the documents
- Develop Document Champions
- Designate someone on each project to know the documents
- Their #1 responsibility is knowing and making sure we conform
- They should be held accountable for errors
- Tools to help them along the way
- Pre-planning – have them meet with the estimator
- Planning – have them help develop scopes and attend meetings
- During Construction – have them participate in preparatory / pre-start meetings
- Daily – the document champion should review the documents for all activity on site