Accountants are key partners in the success of our business, choose the right one.
- Understand what’s important for your business
- Does your accountant understand construction
- Does he understand your business goals
- Do you work well together
- Get an accountant that’s willing to help
- Don’t try to pay the least amount – you get what you pay for
- Find an accountant willing to work with you
- Helps you reach your goals
- Helps with managing and projecting cash flows, budgets, etc.
- Use a firm that’s willing to educate you
- Surrounding your business with the right people
- Don’t just look at the sticker price – we don’t want our clients to hire us because we are the cheapest, so practice what we preach
- Interview potential accountants to make sure they understand you and your business
- Ask about WIP / % Complete Method / Retainage / Stored Materials / Other construction items
- Don’t be afraid to switch if it doesn’t work out