Good communication is key to managing a project schedule in the field.
- Going from planning to execution
- Gantt charts provide a high-level view of the schedule
- Lack the details needed for proper field coordination
- Make the connection and keep you projects on schedule
- The troubles we encounter with typical Gantt chart schedules in the field
- Overall project schedule is too vague for construction
- Often lack the overlap and trade coordination
- Misunderstood by the trades
- Get it right with better communication
- Field information needs more detail and is more task oriented
- Field information needs to have milestones
- Be clear on expectations
A great tool for this is a 3-Week Look-Ahead Schedule like the one provided in the resource tab.