Building a solid network is like tending to a garden. You have to put in the effort before you can reap the rewards.
- Importance of networks
- Business is all about relationships
- You never know who is going to have an impact on your business
- Are you paying attention to your relationships? All of them?
- Look beyond the usual suspects
- The close network – vendors, suppliers, subs, etc.
- Market niche network – people that are part of the niche you serve
- Community network – people you meet in your everyday life
- Do it better
- Turn off the radio – WIIFM – don’t worry about what’s in it for you – think about how you can help them
- Listen and ask questions
- Find ways to help them – be the go-giver
Where can I grow my network?
Am I listening?
Do I look for ways to help others first?
How can I improve my network?
Organize your network
Build it every day
Work hard at relationships