“Master the 6 stages of client relationships and build a solid sales pipeline.”
Do you have an organized sales process?
Organizing a strategic sales process around building solid, long-term relationships with our clients is a fundamental aspect of building a successful contracting business.
- Construction is about relationships
- Relationships are key for a successful business – even in the Rip-n-Read market we still rely no relationships
- Focus on building those relationships
- To do that right we need to understand the stages and flow of how we build a customer relationship
- The 6 stages of customer relationships
- Awareness – them finding out you exist
- Attraction – them wanting to know more
- Engagement – them engaging with us to learn more – us engaging with them to provide value
- Connection – the contract stage – we now have them as a client
- Trust – we are building trust into our relationship
- Strategic Partner – we are the go-to provider for construction related services – they would not do it without us
- Get the process organized
- Develop the processes and materials for each stage
- Get a CRM system and use it to monitor and track your processes
- Develop you strategic plan starting with who we want to attract to how we become strategic partners
This concept is about building super strong relationships with a small number of high-profit clients versus the shotgun approach of working for anyone and everyone we can.
Review the 6 stages of client relationships
Organize you current sales processes around each stage
Set up the CRM and processes