“Messy project sites give the impression of poor quality work.”
Keep you sites safe and productive by maintaining a clutter free work area.
Clearing out the mess and keeping things where they belong.
There are many reasons and the top of the list is Safety.
- Safety – tripping accidents are one of top hazards on a jobsite and often caused by a messy site
- Impressions – people will get an impression about the quality of your work by the look of your site
- Productivity – keep workers from wasting time searching for things
- Quality – materials and work are protected and maintained properly
- Morale – employees have a better attitude when working on a clean site
- Set up for success
- Create a logistics plan for each project
- Have a clear written policy
- Have a place for trash
- Some tools
- Schedule time for clean up at the end of each day
- Keep proper tools and supplies available
- Recognize good performance
Keeping a clean jobsite pays benefits in many ways. Make sure your crews are keeping things neat.
Develop a policy/procedure for keeping your jobsites neat
Recognize the performers