“Offering a free consultation is a great way to get in front of potential clients.”
Today we talk about setting a free consultation program to engage with potential customers.
Offering a free consultation to potential customers to help them prepare for their projects.
We want to put our company at the top of the list when it comes time to buy. To do that effectively in today’s economy we have to provide more value.
Offer to meet with potential clients that are in the early stages of their projects. Offer to give them advice on their plans and what they need to do have a successful project. The idea is to get them early in the planning stages, preferably when they are just thinking about what they want to do.
Let’s face it, we do this anyway when we meet with them to discuss the project and develop and estimate. All we are doing now is offering to do this meeting earlier and guide them in the process. Just keep in mind, this is not a time to pitch your company. This is a time to offer them good advice just like you would if you best friend asked you for advice.
Here are some easy steps to start this type of program:
- Block out some time each week for these meetings
- Advertise and market this service
- Meet with these clients and review their project – guide them with
- Planning – do they need a designer/permits/zoning/etc
- Budget – what should they budget
- Contractors – what type of contractor they need, how to choose and verify
- Answer questions
- Keep track of the questions – these can become great blog content
- Give them honest advice – if you’re not the right contractor then tell them
- Provide them with some form of written recommendations – can be checklists or flyers made up ahead of time
A program like this puts your company at the front of the pack and doesn’t cost that much or take that much time if organized properly. The results however are phenomenal.
Set up a free consultation checklist for your program
Block out some time for this service
Advertise and market the service
Give honest advice