“Enthusiasm spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Today we talk about maintaining a mindset of enthusiasm so we can live a prosperous life.
As Elite Contractors you are one of the few that work everyday to make themselves and their business or career better. I know that everyone here recognizes the need to be the leader and to help propel others to greatness.
In order to be that amazing leader we must maintain a high level of enthusiasm. As Norman says in the opening quote, this makes the difference between huge success and just being an also-ran. So everyday we need to remind ourselves to follow our vision with enthusiasm.
Keeping a high level of enthusiasm helps to build the morale of our teams and keep them motivated. Our projects will be hugely successful when the entire team is working towards a common goal with great enthusiasm. I take the time on all my projects to help build this into the whole team. I did a lot of work on Government buildings that were being built to help people train for the fight against terrorism. When we would have safety meetings with the workers I would always make it a point to let them know that what they were doing was more than just constructing a building, they were helping protect our nation and helping to save lives. This would boost the morale of our entire project.
Keeping the morale high on your projects will lead to a more productive workforce. When everyone understands the bigger vision they work harder to achieve it. As Elite Contractors we need to make sure that everyone understands the bigger picture.
[tweetthis]”Enthusiasm spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.” – Norman Vincent Peale[/tweetthis]
The biggest bonus of all for keeping a mindset of enthusiasm is the benefit to us personally. If you keep your enthusiasm up for all that you do you will live a more rewarding life. Remember how excited you used to get as a kid every time you were about to do something new or different. It was amazing.
So with all the challenges we face how do we keep our enthusiasm up every day? Well you have to work at it every day. Here are three tips to help with that.
- Look at things as if it was the first time to do them – get that kid like excitement
- As children we would get so excited about things a simple as going to McDonald’s. Try to get that enthusiasm back. Tomorrow morning, get up and go get a cup of coffee and have that same excitement as you did when you were a kid heading to get a Happy Meal.
- Create a compelling vision and goals
- We all need a clear vision to get excited about what we are doing. Even the most enjoyable tasks can become mundane if we don’t have a clear reason why. Build your vision and set goals that you can achieve along the way.
- Celebrate your achievements. This is the most important part of setting your goals. If you don’t celebrate them when you reach them then what is the purpose. Celebrate!
- Have an Attitude of Gratitude!
- The best way to keep your enthusiasm tank filled to the top is by maintaining gratitude for what you have and where you are. Everyday, take some time to reflect on the things you are grateful for and write them down.
- When you have one of those times that you are just not feeling it try to re-frame the situation with gratitude in mind. If you’ve are heading to a meeting that you are dreading and just can’t get excited take the time to think about the good side of the meeting. if you are meeting with a client about an issue on a project then take that opportunity to do things better than your competition ever could. Then be grateful for the opportunity to shine.
- Write out these 3 things on a small card or note paper and put it where you can see it everyday:
- Look at it like it’s the first time!
- Create clear visions and goals then celebrate the successes!
- Have an Attitude of Gratitude!
- Take time everyday to reflect on what you are grateful for – write it in a journal.
Mindset of Enthusiasm
- As Elite Contractors we need to lead the pack with enthusiasm.
- Leading and sharing enthusiasm builds morale
- High morale boosts productivity which leads to greater success
- Living with enthusiasm allows us to live a more prosperous and fulfilling life
- Look at things as if it was the first time – get that childlike enthusiasm
- Create clear visions and goals then celebrate successes
- Maintain an attitude of gratitude.